LANAP® Is the Simple Gum Disease Solution, With No Cutting or Sutures!
The Stages of LANAP®
Laser gum surgery procedures such as LANAP® enhances our ability to potentially save loose teeth that would have needed to be extracted otherwise. The steps of LANAP® surgery include:
- Pockets are measured.
- A laser is used to remove bacteria.
- Calculus is removed.
- A laser is used to create a clot.
- Gum tissue is compressed.
- Bite is adjusted.
Dr. Penhaskashi and our team of talented, dedicated staff focus our efforts on providing you with a healthy smile from the roots of your teeth up to the crowns. Should you or a loved one be in need of gum surgery, you can trust us to provide relief and treatment.
Our approach goes above and beyond traditional surgical gum procedures thanks to the implementation of LANAP® Laser Gum Surgery. With this cutting-edge technology, we can transform your smile and positively impact your overall oral health in the process.
Watch the LANAP® Laser Procedure in Encino, CA
The above image illustrates the simple process of gum treatment with a laser. The LANAP® laser protocol is a gentle and highly effective way to perform gum surgery in Encino, CA. It’s faster than traditional methods, preserves existing gum better, and is easier on your teeth and gums.
Laser Treatment for Gum Disease in Six Steps
Undergoing LANAP® laser gum surgery is a quick process. Take a look at the six simple steps of the process below.
- Pocket depths are measured.
- Bacteria and diseased tissue are gently cleared away.
- Tartar is eliminated.
- Laser-generated clots are formed to protect the gums.
- Gum tissue is compressed against the tooth roots.
- The bite is adjusted.
The LANAP® Protocol: Gentle Laser Treatment for Gum Disease
Laser gum surgery practices are becoming more and more prevalent through all areas of dentistry, particularly periodontology. The FDA has cleared the LANAP® protocol. This method of treatment targets disease and bacteria more effectively and painlessly. Let’s break down the above-listed steps of the process with more detail. Here is how laser treatment for gum disease works:
- Periodontal pocket depths are measured with an instrument so Dr. Penhaskashi can determine how much separation exists between the tooth roots and connective tissue.
- The dental laser is aimed inside the gum pockets to find and kill bacteria. Unlike traditional surgery, this step is comfortable and does not cause excessive bleeding, inflammation, or significant gum recession.
- Tartar (calculus) under the gums is taken away with the laser and small ultrasonic scalers clear away the particles.
- Laser generated clots are made by stirring a bit of bone and tissue around the teeth. These natural barriers are important for keeping bacteria away so the gums can heal.
- The gum tissue is compressed so connective tissue can reconnect with the root surfaces of the teeth. No sutures are necessary.
- A bite adjustment is a necessary part of having a laser treatment for gum disease. This final step counters any trauma that could have occurred during the surgery, which can happen among patients with significant bone loss.
Perhaps the most amazing thing about this type of treatment is how quickly it can be done. Set up an appointment with us at West Valley Implant Dental Practice, and you’ll be on your way to a better, healthier smile in no time.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment Today
LANAP® laser gum surgery treatment is the preferred gum surgery in Encino, CA. When you or a friend or loved one is ready to take the best possible step they can in having a healthier, more beautiful smile, contact us.